Follow Us @soratemplates

Monday, July 8, 2013

REVIEW: GAME ON

GAME ON  BY WYLIE SNOW
Published: May 24th 2013
Publisher: P G Watkinson
* I received an eCopy in exchange of an honest review*

Contemporary Romance Novel
*Adult content - not suitable for under 18*

Secrets, lies, lust ... whatever it takes to win.

Clara Bean, Europe's most respected restaurant critic, lands on American soil to do a promotional tour with a sports icon. But how will she keep her career-ending secret from her deliciously handsome new partner? She quickly learns that all games have rules, even falling in love.

Luc Bisquet can't seem to score any points with sassy, sexy Clara despite the palatable chemistry between them. But he's willing to endure as many penalties as it takes to crack her icy reserve, because winning is everything. Game on.





Lets start with the cover... it's girly, fun and sexy. And so is the book.

Clara Bean is a food critic for one of the most important newspapers in Europe based in London. But this aren't looking too good for Clara. Her dog and critic partner just passed away and the company was sold to one of America's biggest media empires putting everyone's jobs on the line. 

Luc Bisquet is an ex hockey player turned sport analyst after an injury took him off the game. He hates public presentation and company parties. He has no interest whatsoever in meeting the new journalist from the other side of the ocean. 

Both have a secret that makes their jobs harder and both would do everything to prevent it comes out, but when they are forced to work together they'll have to protect their secrets and fight off the lust for each other.

Game on is a great book. At first I had some problems to get into the story but once I saw what was the problem with Luc and Clara things became more interesting. And the whole idea of making them write a log together combining Hockey and Food was great.

Luc is everything any girl wants: hot, smart, caring and awesome with come backs. He quickly realizes his feelings for Clara and makes a plan to get her after the first very funny yet unfortunate way they met.

Clara is a funny character. She's able to learn and enjoy Hockey for this new job. She cares about Luc, I think what she did at the end what amazing :) and I was melting when Luc get to her!

These two are crazy and both have their own set of problems but you can feel their connection, how much they cared about each other. 

Lydia, Clara's friend, and Riley, Luc's friend, are great support characters. They stand with their friends no matter what. Riley definitively deserves the friend of the year award, he's that awesome. 

I laughed, swooned and bit my nails though the entire book. 






ABOUT WYLIE SNOW

Almost every author says they wanted to write from a very early age.
Not me.
I wanted to be a detective like Nancy Drew, a witch like Sabrina, or a wildlife expert like Jim Fowler. I wanted to have my own island and make fantasies come true!
By high school, I wanted to be an archeologist complete with hat and whip, or a musician like (insert any 80's hair band here). Finally, thanks to author Alex Hailey, I found my calling... 
HOTELS! The glamour, the travel, the adventures I'd have!
I did go into the hospitality industry, but only got as far as a resort in Bermuda, then promptly lost my heart to an islander. Eventually I did travel, and scuba-dive, and dine with royalty, and meet movie stars and work with wildlife, and even used up 5 seconds of fame-quotient on a soap opera.

After 18 glorious years of sun, sand and the odd hurricane, I convinced my husband and children to journey back to my home in Canada, where we live happily with two neurotic cats and a whopping big heating bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment